WE HEAR YOU. WE SEE YOU. WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER!
We are heartbroken by the pain and division we are facing amongst each other. The recent events of protests are nothing new but are recognized as another opportunity that we can come together in unity to shed light and voice our concerns of racism together. AIIR is working diligently, as a beauty company built on standards to make a difference for all, to move forward with the utmost respect to every soul during the current state of events.
Not just now, but everyday we stand in solidarity for justice and equality. Moving forward, we will be donating 20% of our sales to the Black Lives Matter Organization until further notice.
In the meantime, we have compiled a guide of beneficial resources for those looking to seek ways to help, learn, and support the #BlackLivesMatter movement.
What to Listen to (Podcasts):
What Books to read:
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
- Raising Our Hands by Jenna Arnold
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Janet Mock
- How to Be an AntiRacist by Ibram X. Kendi
- A Kids Book About Racism by Jelani Memory
- Heavy: An American Memoir by Kiese Laymon
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- Redefining Realness by Janet Mock
- Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde
- Who do you Serve? Who Do You Protect? By Alicia Garza
What to Watch:
- How Studying Privilege Systems Can Strengthen Compassion | Peggy McIntosh at TEDxTimberlaneSchools (18:26)
- 13th Documentary (Netflix)
- American Son (Netflix)
- The Disturbing History of the Suburbs (Youtube)
- Dear White People (Netflix)
- Public Address on Revolution, Revolution Now | Rachel Cargle
Who To Follow:
Ways to Cope With Emotions:
- Spirit Guidebook by Kerry Burki
To all of our Black, Indigenous, and People of Color community we are standing with you as an ally. Please know inequality and racism bothers us to our core and though we are a small self-owned brand, we are working hard to do what we can to make things right. Not just for the next few weeks to come, but every single day.
We will continue to add more resources to support you and our entire community.
In spirit and thoughtfulness,
Have we left something out? Please email us with any helpful information that we can look in to!